Saturday, March 5, 2011

Breakfast Snack - Saturday 3/5/11

Coffee (2 cups)  - 1% Milk (1/4 cup) - Agave Syrup (~1 tablespoon)
Coffee  I start almost everyday with a cup of coffee. While once thought to be unhealthy habit, on par with drinking (booze) and smoking, recent research has dismissed this idea for the general population. Regular consumption of coffee may help protect against type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, liver cancer, and liver cirrhosis. Researchers at Harvard have recently found that people who regularly drank coffee actually had a somewhat lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease than those who rarely partook. So, I enjoy my cup of coffee in the morning with no hesitation.

Ryvatia Cracker -  Laughing Cow Cheese (1 wedge)
Recently this has been my go to snack. Its less than 100 calories, with a few grams of protein and a few grams of fiber to help me feel full longer. It is simultaneously crunchy and creamy,  a texture combination that appeals to many of us.

 Breakfast snack eaten at home, on my way out the door to exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment